How to hang a Digital Wall Mural
Now let’s get them on your wall.
Preparing your wall
- Always ensure the wall surface is clean, dry, free of mildew and grease and is as smooth as possible in order to achieve the best results possible
- Sharp Knife
- Paste brush/roller
- Paste the wall wallpaper adhesive
- Step Ladder
- Plumb line or spirit level
2. When ready to start hanging your paper be prepared to continue until all strips are hung, avoiding long periods between hanging each strip. Work from Left to Right.
3. First trim off the hanging instructions, keeping them nearby for reference
4. Using the printed guidelines, cut off the first strip of your mural.
5. Apply ‘paste the wall’ wallpaper adhesive to the wall, covering enough area for the first step.
6. Apply the first strip to the wall, lining up to your plumb line/straight edge. Use a soft cloth to gently
work out any large air pockets downwards and outwards. Take care not to overwork each strip as this could result in stretching, making it harder to line up the following strips.
7. Carefully remove any excess paste from the front of the mural using a lightly dampened cloth. Too much rubbing or cleaning may remove the ink from the paper.
8. Repeat steps 4 to 7 for the remaining 5 strips of your wall mural, lining up the design and tightly butting up each join so that no gaps can be seen.
9. Trim any excess edges carefully after applying the paper.
10. When all the strips of the mural have been hung, remove any excess wallpaper paste from the wall with a damp cloth.